Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Tip Of The Cap

Every r/c submariner knows headgear is an essential part of the patrol experience. I've long had a vision of the ideal cap to wear while running the Nautilus: dark blue low profile baseball cap style with the patch from Nemo's captain's hat embroidered on the front. Since the boat was so far off from completion I never got serious about having one made.

Until, that is, I saw a post on disneysub.com about the Nemo cap badge design. AlphaRed6 had a line on an eBay embroidery vendor who could make the design. I contacted Tracie Henson (eBay Seller ID: the_house_of_henson) and she produced the following results:


Cool, huh? Tracie did a wonderful job, answered all my questions, and made and shipped my cap immediately. If only finishing the boat was that easy!

0 comments:

 

About Me

The first movie I saw in a theater was Disney's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" (1971 re-release). The first grown-up book I read was "War Fish" by George Grider. Built hundreds of plastic kits growing up. Saw an article on The SubCommittee in the mid 90's and joined. Began first foray into radio controlled subs in 1998.

Current Projects

1/32 scale Disney Nautilus (Custom Replicas kit).
1/96 scale USS Helena (SSN-725) (ThorDesign kit).
1/72 scale USS Permit-class (HMK kit)

Completed Boats

1/96 scale Permit-class modeled as USS Thresher (SSN-593).
1/96 scale Los Angeles-class modeled as USS Jefferson City (SSN-759).

R/C Sublog Copyright © 2010 | Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template